Papers is an award-winning application developed for researchers to help you manage research material that you're passionate about. Let it take your personal library of research to a whole new level.
Papers for Mac:
- Keeps your personal library of research organized and portable.
- Automatically downloads full-text content for your articles.
- Lets you discover papers to read from 25+ search engines!
- Shows you related papers when reading.
- Synchronizes your library between home and work much faster than before, whether you're using Papers for Mac, Papers 3 for Windows New, iPad or iPhone.
- Papers Online offers a convenient reading list and an easy way to shared collections of articles.
... and more!
What's new in Papers 3
The first thing you'll notice when starting Papers 3 is the new stunning user interface. There's plenty more to discover:
A fresh, new user interface: the new Papers experience is simpler and more organised.
Navigation modes to keep your work and thoughts organized.
Relevant article suggestions based on the content you are reading.
Automatic PDF download when you import articles.
Better than ever metadata discovery and matching.
Stay connected: discover tweets and posts about the articles you are reading.
View and annotate supplemental files directly within Papers 3.
- Metadata: Entering a PMID or PMCID in the Info Inspector or"Open Location" menu option now fetches publication metadata.
- Search: Resolves an issue preventing the IEEE search engine from returning any results due to a recent server-side change.
- Syncing: Resolves a cause of library changes not being applied during syncing in rare circumstances.
- Syncing: Resolves a cause of missing publications and/or incomplete metadata changes during syncing in certain circumstances.
- Syncing: No longer erroneously reports that a problem occurred during syncing in rare circumstances.
- Syncing: Resolves a crash that could occur during syncing.
- Syncing: Reduced CPU usage during syncing.
- Citations: Now includes support for Microsoft Word 2016 Preview.
- Citations: Publications cited in a Microsoft Word document that are not present in the Library are now correctly suggested for importing into the Library.
- Citations: Missing publications that have been imported to the Library are now shown as present after the import finishes.
- Citations: Missing publications that have been imported to the Library are now shown in the "All Papers" collection as well as the "Last Import" collection without requiring an app restart.
- Citations: The search bar is no longer presented on top of the logo when "Reduce Transparency" is checked in System Preferences.
- General: Resolves an occasional crash when quitting the application.
- Metadata: PDF files are now automatically downloaded when importing PubMed Central articles to the Library.
- Reader: Resolves a UI glitch that could occur when rotating a page of a PDF.
- Reader: No longer impossible to rotate a PDF page back to its default rotation.
- Library: Several improvements to the "Watched Folders" feature.
- Licensing: A user eligible for a site license now sees the prompt message immediately after completing the :Getting Started" process, rather than on a subsequent application launch.
- Application menus: More consistent UI responsiveness to contextual menus throughout the app.
System requirements: Mac OS X Lion and above.