English | ISBN: 1444124323 | 2012 | 400 pages | PDF | 11 MB
This book will provide invaluable support whether you are a newly-qualified science teacher, an experience teacher of chemistry who wants to extend the range of strategies and approached used, a biologist or physicist who has to teach chemistry, or a student training to be a teacher. Each chapter covers a broad section of the curriculum and is divided into topics. For each topic the book covers:
- The pupil's possible Previous knowledge
- A suggested Teaching sequence with activities necessary to cover the basic physics
- Warnings about pupils' misconceptions, common problems with individual activities and safety issues
- Further activities that develop the pupils' understanding of the topic
- Enhancement ideas that relate the science to everyday contexts and provide new ideas for experienced teachers
- Suggestions for using ICT
TThis second edition reflects the requirements of current secondary science curricula, ideas from recent curriculum development projects and innovations in IT.
This book draws on the experience of a wide range of teachers and those involved in science education. It has been produced as part of the Association for Science Education's commitment to supporting science teacher by disseminating best practice and new ideas to enhance teaching.