iCalamus 2.08 build 17275 Multilingual | MacOSX | 125 MB
iCalamus offers an easy approach to DTP, and is an excellent choice for creating simple posters to complex magazines, scientific works and for book publishing. iCalamus is the multi-lingual, frame-oriented desktop publishing solution for Mac OS X. Working with precise measurement units is a breeze. Out of the box, iCalamus offers flexible masking options with many predefined, dynamically changeable frame shapes. Users may build virtual copies for multiple document elements and change them afterwards with just a few mouse clicks.
iCalamus can import all image and text formats which are supported by Mac OS X. Easily grab text content from large PDF documents for further text processing. Images from digital cameras, scanners or iPhoto libraries can be imported, as well as complete web pages. Print output supports all printers, and iCalamus can optionally output documents in various PDF formats (e.g. PDF-X, encrypted PDF, PDF Fax).
- Loads all image formats supported by Mac OS X.
- Loads all text formats supported by Mac OS X.
- Imports image data from scanner.
- Imports image data from digital camera.
- Supports all fonts useable with Mac OS X.
- Loads URL based contents (URL or file path).
- Snapshot from web pages into frame (as image).
- Typeless frames = content defines frame type.
- Frame and vector shape object are identical (frame shape can be edited as vector object).
- Frame shape can be used for clipping.
- All contents (text, images, graphics) can be output with stepless opacity.
- Output on printer
- Output to PDF file
- Exchange via system pasteboard
- Drag 'n' drop support
- Print marks in bleed area: cut'n'crop marks, color and grayscale controls, info line
- Modular system
- Unlimited Undo/Redo
- Zoom up to 10,000%
- Document grid, adjustable
- Page guides and guide columns can be defined
- Multiple views (in one or more windows, realtime updated!)
- User-defined workspaces (Inspectors, visibilities, positions, sizes) can be defined, saved and loaded
- Document-specific information can be saved for Spotlight.
- Selection tool (select frames or "grab points", move)
- Vector path editor tool
- Rotation tool
- Text tool (text editor)
- Image tool for easy import of image frames
- Freehand vector tool (draws vector paths)
- Frame tool (creates typeless frames)
- Line shape tool
- Hand tool (movings)
- Magnifier tool (zoom)
- Double page / Single page mode can be chosen.
- Add pages (take layout of existing layout pages optionally).
- Remove pages.
- Move layout pages (resorting).
- Assign master pages to layout pages.
- Manage master pages with indicator colors.
- Unlimited number of layers for Layout and master pages.
- Layers can be added, moved and removed.
- Layers can be switched visible/invisible.
- Layers can be protected.
- Manage layers with indicator colors. Guides of elements in the according layer will then be shown in the indicator color.
- Various frame shapes (may be enhanced by plug-ins).
- Various line shapes
- Various line end types (can be scaled separately)
- Corners can be set to Miter/Round/Bevel.
- Path rotation direction can be defined
- Outline can be switched visible/invisible.
- Outline width can be defined.
- Outline shape can be used for content clipping optionally.
- Many vector shapes can be adjusted (e.g. stars with adjustable number of rays)
- Gradient blend colors can be assigned to frame shape and content separately.
- Gradient blend angle can be adjusted (for shape and content separately).
- Shadow can be defined with transparency, blur radius and offset.
- Frames can be named.
- Group frames and ungroup frame groups.
- Grouped frames are sub elements of frame groups like an image is sub element of a frame.
- All sub elements of a frame can be accessed by "opening" the frame (transparent editing).
- Frames and vector grab points can be selected at the same time (thus you can operate them simultaneously).
- Selected guides can be moved with other selected frames or grab points at the same time.
- Snapping on various guides (guide grids, page guide columns, "normal" guides).
- Frames can be moved backward and forward in a layer's frame hierarchy).
- Supported color modes: RGB/CYMK
- Color gradient blends with unlimited colors.
- Colors can be sorted.
- Colors can be deleted.
- Text styles can be named and managed with indicator colors.
- Adjustable parameters: font, font size, kerning, fill color.
- More assignable parameters: underlined, strikethrough, outline, shadow (with adjustable color each), superscript and subscript.
- Text rulers can be named and managed with indicator colors.
- Adjustable parameters: horizontal justification, first line indent, line distance, left and right indent, space before and behind paragraphs, fixed or variable line height.
- Tabulators: left, right, centered, numeric point
- Each text ruler can have a text style (paragraph styles).
- Context-sensitive inspector for frame contents
- Geometry inspector, supporting X/Y/W/H, rotation, mirroring, scaling, shearing and optional geometry protection
- Frame inspector offers outline, shape and shadow parameters
- Align inspector (supports distribution and alignment)
- Textwrap inspector
- Color inspector for outline, content color, shadow and text color
- Text inspector for creative work without styles
- Text style inspector
- Text ruler inspector
- Page inspector
- Layer inspector
- Navigator inspector (small overview on current view)
- Numbering inspector (free page number formats)
Mac OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8 or higher)
Supporting Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Screen Resolution at least 1024 by 768, TrueColor
Hard Drive at least 200 MB
RAM at least 512 MB