About This Book:
Think of this book as a design guide for the average (and awesome) blogger.
Most bloggers don’t have experience with design or coding. You simply have
a voice you want to share through your blog. Whether you design a blog
yourself, hire someone, or purchase pre-made design elements, this book
gives you to tools to understand what makes a blog successful from a design
and navigation standpoint.
This book is geared towards bloggers of all skill levels, although if you’ve been
blogging for a while you may already know some of these tips or techniques.
But not so fast! You may have been blogging for a long time but never knew
underlying design principles, basic color theory, or exactly how to do a
particular technique I mention. That means everyone learns something from
By the end of this book, you'll know:
* What constitutes good blog design and why design matters in the first
* How to ensure your blog design syncs with your blog goals, your audience,
and your content
* Ways to customize your blog design, from headers to footers and every-
thing in between
* How to design your blog to be easy to navigate and use
* Ways to create design-friendly content to improve readability