CGMA - Master Class: Analytical Figure Drawing 1 | 773mb
Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, stereo | Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720, 15.00 fps | 10 hrs. 19 min.| Genre: eLearning
Pre-reqs: Good drawing foundation.
This course continue to develop a basic skill set throughout this course, a special emphasis will be placed on the understanding and application of those basics to the human figure.
This course will emphasize a process based approach and development of the figure heavy in an analysis of from, construction, and perspective. This course will offer and in depth study of the figure and the surface anatomy while always maintaining a grounding in the artistic and principles of design.
- Week 1: Lecture: Introduction of teacher/ Goals of class. Lecture on gesture and the development of a process.
- Week 2: Lecture: Connections, Shape and Understanding the skeletal landmarks.
- Week 3: Lecture: Head Drawing. Construction and design of the human head.
- Week 4: Lecture: Muscles: Torso/trunk. Placing the anatomical shapes of the upper and lower torso based off the understanding of the skeletal landmarks.
- Week 5: Lecture: Torso (2nd part).
- Week 6: Lecture: The structure and anatomy of the legs.
- Week 7: Lecture: The structure, design and anatomy of the upper arm and shoulders.
- Week 8: Lecture: The structure, construction and design of the forearm.
Materials: sketchbook (any size) pencils (preferably prismacolor pencils) and/or a wacom tablet, Scanner or Camera to scan or photograph homework assignments
Instructor S. Michael Hampton
Michael Hampton has been teaching classes related to the figure for close to ten years, focusing on teaching anatomy and figure drawing in a way that is specifically tailored to students entering the fields of animation, illustration, and game art.