Taught By A Pro - Designing Animated Women with Tom Bancroft
MP4 | Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo | Video: h264, yuv420p, 640x360, 23.98 fps | 315MB
What are the elements to designing an attractive "animated style" character? Tom Bancroft's new lesson, "Designing Animated Women" will lead you through the process of designing a beutiful female character.
Online Character Design Course on Designing Attractive Women
In this online character design course, Tom Bancroft walks you through the steps of using simplified shapes, how those shapes relate to actual anatomy, using those shapes to create a variety of different female forms, creating "flow" throughout the form, and the size relationships within the body and face. Using reference and "style" are also discussed. In the end, you will design your own female animated characters to use in any way you want!
Lesson Part A:
• Introduction to the subject of Designing attractive female characters
• Where to start designing your character? Asking the right questions
• Getting references together! Best practices for photo reference and research
• General thoughts on drawing appealing women characters
• Discussion of variety in eye shapes in character design
• Looking at the proportions and how to push them for more appeal
• Face shapes and their impact on the character design
• Ways to simplify and create flow throughout the character's body
• Use of the all-important "S" Curve!
• Drawing faces from different angles.
• Looking at your character details and pose
Lesson Part B
• Tom describes how he would accomplish the assignment of drawing attractive female characters in a line-up.