packtpub - Rapid Cassandra
English | Wednesday, November 26, 2014 | mp4 | H264 1280x720 | AAC 2 ch | 1 hr 8 min | 160 MB
What You Will Learn
- Explore the unique features and capabilities offered by Cassandra's data model
- Understand the modeling by query technique with an example-driven explanation
- Design and implement a data model for a real-life stock analysis application
- Configure the Java development environment for Cassandra
- Master the use of primary and secondary key indexes
- Connect Java to Cassandra using a driver provided by DataStax
- Determine the usage of the most frequently used monitoring tools in Cassandra
- Discover the most important metrics for performance tuning opportunities
Cassandra is the leader of the NoSQL solutions, with plenty of supporting evidence. Its decentralized, fault-tolerant, scalable, and low-cost features make it a core component of the rapidly expanding cloud computing and big data systems. The recent versions also addressed the most criticized security concern, making it suitable for use in enterprise systems.
Rapid Cassandra is a practical video course that covers the typical administration tasks in real-life systems. It starts from the architecture basics and proceeds in a step-by-step fashion with demonstrations on how to evolve a single environment from scratch to a completely operating cluster.
The course starts with a quick and essential review on Cassandra's architecture. It also recapitulates important concepts such as the native data types and the building blocks. The course covers the modeling by query techniques and the fundamental difference between primary key and secondary indexes, which are usually encountered in designing a high-performance Cassandra data model. Then the course shows you how to design and build a stock analysis application written in Java to work with Cassandra, where you will walk through the software development life cycle of a single application. This rapid video tutorial will help you transform from a novice developer into an expert on Cassandra. Using Cassandra's unique features, you will learn just how easy it is to create your own production-grade Cassandra cluster!
This guide is indispensable for developers who want to design a smart NoSQL data model and build a Java application backed by Cassandra, from scratch. By the end of this course, you will be knowledgeable enough to correctly leverage Cassandra's unique capabilities, effectively design a NoSQL database, and use Java to develop applications working with Cassandra.