Handbook of Mobile Systems Applications and Services (Mobile Services and Systems) by Anup Kumar and Bin Xie
English | 2012 | ISBN: 1439801525 | 612 pages | PDF | 18 MB
From fundamental concepts and theories to implementation protocols and cutting-edge applications, the supplies a complete examination of the evolution of mobile services technologies. It examines service-oriented architecture (SOA) and explains why SOA and service oriented computing (SOC) will play key roles in the development of future mobile services.
Investigating current service discovery frameworks, the book covers the basics of mobile services and applications developed in various contexts. The first section provides readers with the required background in mobile services architecture. Next, it details of middleware support for mobile services. The final section discusses security and applications of mobile services. Containing the contributions of leading researchers and academics from around the world, the book:
* Introduces a new location-based access control model
* Unveils a simple, yet powerful enhancement that enables Web services to locally manage workflow dependencies and handle messages resulting from multiple workflows
* Examines an event-based location aware query model that continuously aggregates data in specific areas around mobile sensors of interest
* Addresses the problem of location-based access control in the context of privacy protection
* Presents a layered architecture of context-aware middleware
* Considers the development of assistive technology solutions for the blind or visually impaired
Discussing architecture for supporting multi-mode terminals in integrated heterogeneous wireless networks, this book addresses the network availability constraint to serve all mobile services originating from a single-user terminal. It examines QoS protocols and their enhancements in supporting user mobility. Analyzing mobile services security vulnerabilities, it details security design best practices that mobile service developers can use to improve the security of their mobile systems.