DU Meter 6.30 Build 4629 Portable Multilingual | 3.6 MB
DU Meter is a major new version of our award-winning utility. It will enable you to use your Internet connection more efficiently by providing an accurate visualization of the data which is flowing through your computer's network connection. DU Meter also includes an extensive reporting facility, a flexible notifications and events system, and more. Keep an eye on your Internet connection: see data coming in or going out.
Protect yourself from unexpected charges or Internet service disruption.
Receive alerts about dangerous or unexpected network activity.
Easy to use — works automatically with no user input required.
Uses very little resources, fully compatible with Windows Vista and XP.
Why should you use DU Meter?
- Have you ever found yourself wondering why some downloads seem to take an eternity to complete, or why your e-mail program seems to be stuck in the middle of e-mail retrieval. Is it really hanging, or maybe it's just downloading a large e-mail attachment? DU Meter provides the answer to these and other mysteries, and can also alert you of dangerous or unexpected network activity. Watching your data transfer rates can be very enlightening no matter what you do online, and you'll soon be wondering how you managed without DU Meter before.
- Many Internet users believe their "unlimited" account lets them surf the Internet, send large email attachments and download as many movies and songs as they choose. However it is well documented by the media that many Internet Service Providers, both in the U.S. and elsewhere, do in fact set definite usage limits, even though they may advertise to the contrary. Some will take drastic measures like termination of an account without any advance warning, if these limits are exceeded. DU Meter can create detailed reports of the total network traffic volume on your computer and can alert you if certain limits are surpassed. If you have teenage children or if you own or manage a business, DU Meter can be especially useful for you to you too.
DU Meter for parents and business owners:-
If you have teenage children or if you own or manage a small business, you already know how hard it is to enforce certain rules for network usage, while respecting child's or employee's privacy.If you install DU Meter on your child's or employee's computer, you can configure it to report back to you via email when monthly or weekly network traffic exceeds a certain threshold. DU Meter will let you know if someone is breaking your rules (For example using peer-to-peer software to share films and music).Remember, you are legally responsible for what your kids are doing online. And while sharing music or videos may seem benign to them, copyright holding companies are suing peer-to-peer network users for thousands of dollars for copyright violations. DU Meter can alert you in time, so this kind of activity can be prevented.
DU Meter highlights:-
* Provides clear graphical and/or numerical display
* Reporting facility with export to many different file formats, including HTML, Excel, PDF and others
* Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads
* Compatible with all network interfaces: Dial-Up, Cable, ADSL, Ethernet, and others
* Fully compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000
* Requires minimal screen real estate and system resources
* Involves no changes to your Windows system files
* Auto-hide feature minimizes the meter to the system tray in the absence of network activity
* Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity drops below a certain level
OS : Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Language : English
Home Page -