Martha Burge, "The ADD Myth: How to Cultivate the Unique Gifts of Intense Personalities"
ISBN: 1573245828 | 2012 | EPUB/MOBI | 256 pages | 1 MB/2 MB
More than 5 million children in the United States take stimulant medication to treat ADHD. Yet, there is no objective method of diagnosis for ADHD. And, many of these medications can cause serious side effects including amphetamine psychosis.
In The ADD Myth, ADHD coach Martha Burge proposes that what is commonly understood as ADHD is actually five intense personality traits: sensual, psychomotor, intellectual, creative, and emotional. Once properly understood, People with these intense personality traits can develop them into gifts.
The ADD Myth shows:
* The five intense personality traits: sensual, psychomotor, intellectual, creative, and emotional
* Why all personalities exist along a "neurodiversity" spectrum
* Where intense people fit on the spectrum
* Why the medical profession should seek alternative explanations for ADHD
* Stories, practical steps, and daily practices for developing one's intense nature with the least amount of suffering.
Burge includes her own story of having both of her children diagnosed with ADHD, the serious reactions they had to drug treatment, and how she began her search for an alternative approach to help them. The ADD Myth will raise awareness of the underlying condition of intensity, and help people who previously thought of themselves as broken develop more fulfilling lives.
I SPEND LOTS OF TIME FOR THIS, PLEASE ENJOY!