AGW Packet Engine - utility for amateur radio operators, who runs a radio modem. The program uses several controllers, allows you to simply connect to the sound card on the lin. Entrance earpiece and microphone output and set the network works with AGWPE packages, and DX cluster, APRS, Digipeater programs.
It is a special Windows utility for amateur radio packet users that interfaces multiple packet programs and multiple TNCs (Terminal Node Controllers) / modems.
- lets one TNC be used by more than one packet program
- lets one packet program use more than one TNC
- lets your sound card be used as a physical TNC or modem -- no need to buy a TNC
- has an optional 'TCP/IP Over Radio' feature that lets you send TCP/IP data sentences via packet to internet gateways
Packet Engine Pro will only work with packet programs that have been written to take advantage of AGWPE but there are many, including terminal, DX cluster, APRS, and digipeater programs. Packet Engine Pro requires a $49 USD fee after a free 30 day trial, but it includes many features, including some that are not and will not be found in the basic AGWPE.
Key features of Packet Engine Pro
An easy-to-use visual interface including:
- A 'Radio Port Manager' to quickly see and adjust settings for your TNC or sound card
- Numerous 'Views' to quickly see Radio port status; Connected packet stations; Connected programs;and 'Heard' stations.
A TNC/Sound Card setup 'Wizard' to simplify radio port configurations, including "auto detect and set" of serial ports and sound cards.
Compatibility with most TNCs and packet modems, both external and internal
Provision for auto control of TNC settings such as MaxFrame, Retries, SlotTime/Persist.
access to Packet Engine Pro over the internet or a local area network.
Sound Card modem features that include:
- "On Air" baud rates of 300, 1200, 2400, and 9600.
- 300 baud HF modem compatibility for both KAM (1600/1800 pair tones) and PK-232 (2110/2310 pair tone).
- a Sound Card Tuning Aid with Sine Wave, Waterfall, Eye Scatter, and Frequency Spectrum displays.
- provision for using multiple sound cards (lets you add 2nd card for packet while 1st card works with non-packet programs).
- provision for connecting 2 radios to each sound card.
- PTT (transmit) control by either serial port or printer port.
- an improved Sound Card DSP modem that 'hears' even better than AGWPE.
- a sound card timing 'Equalization' feature to let you tune your particular Sound Card for even better performance.
- input and output volume control from within the program.
Added features for Windows 2000/XP users including support for YAM modems and printer port PTT control.
Improvements over AGWPE in internal program structure -- uses less processor resources for even smoother operation
"TCP/IP Over Radio" feature included at no extra charge: allows you to use packet radio to connect to a gateway station providing internet access -- send and receive your email by packet!
Auto loading of packet applications after Packet Engine Pro starts
Improved and expanded 'Help' files
An 'auto update' feature that checks for and installs program updates
Home Page - http://www.sv2agw.com/ham/pepro.htm