Kenneth M. Pollack, "Unthinkable: Iran, the Bomb, and American Strategy"
ISBN: 1476733929 | 2013 | EPUB | 560 pages | 4 MB
The world's foremost expert on Middle Eastern relations examines Iran's current nuclear potential and charts America's future course of action.
How close are we to a nuclear Iran? What does it mean for American foreign policy? How did we get to this point? And what do we do now?
In Unthinkable, Kenneth Pollack, a former CIA analyst with twenty-five years of experience working on the Middle East, explores America's intractable problem with Iran, Tehran's pursuit of a nuclear weapons capability, and the prolonged clash that led us to this point. Pollack lays out key solutions to the Iran nuclear question, explaining and assessing the options for American policymakers:
* Redoubling our efforts at a carrot-and-stick approach that combines negotiations and sanctions
* Aiding the Iranian opposition to bring about a popular form of regime change
* An Israeli military strike
* The American military option
* Containing a nuclear Iran
Insightful, powerful, and balanced in its approach, Unthinkable is one of the most thoughtful and important books on foreign policy in the past decade.