PacktPub com JIRA 6 Essentials-ELOHiM
Size: 370.23 MB
RELEASE NAME….: PacktPub.com.JIRA.6.Essentials-ELOHiM
RELEASE DATE….: 2014-01-04
RELEASE SIZE….: 26x15Mb
* New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show
you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and
* Comprehensive coverage of important features and updates in JIRA 6
* Step-by-step instructions to deal with real-world situations
* Illustrations straight from the application to help visualize issue
What you will learn from this video course
* Create projects in JIRA with the different UI interfaces, project
components, and project versions
* Learn everything about issues, starting with the basics, and move on to
more advanced operations such as linking
* Set up and customize user screens with custom fields to capture data
based on your needs
* Build and set up workflows, understanding different workflow components
and their functions
* Structure and manage users and group membership, understand and manage
permissions, and integrate JIRA with LDAP
* Set up mail servers, notification e-mails, as well as processing e-mails
* Search data in JIRA with basic and advanced (JQL) search options using
filters, dashboards, and gadgets
* Manage add-ons in JIRA, integrate JIRA with other Atlassian
applications, and configure JIRA as a feedback collection tool
Who this video course is for
The video course is primarily designed for IT administrators who will be
managing and configuring their organizations JIRA instance.
You will need to be familiar with your organization’s standard operating
environment, as well as basic working knowledge of project management,
SMTP, POP3/IMAP, mail and LDAP.
JIRA is a proprietary enterprise software product, developed by Atlassian,
commonly used for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management.
JIRA is used as a way to manage bug and issue tracking and project
management for large-scale projects.
JIRA 6 Essentials will show you how to use and manage your Atlassian JIRA
instance. Starting from the basics of working with JIRA projects and
issues, the course will introduce and explain advanced topics that any
JIRA administrator will need to know to better understand and configure
JIRA for their organizations.
This video course will introduce and explain important concepts in JIRA,
and ultimately show you how to plan and design your own implementation.
You will learn how to customize JIRA to adapt to your organization and add
value to your business.
In this course you will learn how to understand and create your own
workflows, implement access control with different security settings,
manage user and group memberships, integrate with LDAP, set up a
notification email system, extend JIRA’s default functionalities with
add-ons, integrate JIRA with other Atlassian applications or use JIRA as a
general-purpose feedback collection system, as well as customize screens
and field setups to capture data that really makes sense.
JIRA 6 Essentials covers everything that you need to know in order to set
up a fully-functional implementation.
Language : English
Release Date : Monday, September 30, 2013
Course Length : 2 hours and 17 minutes
ISBN : 1849689245
ISBN 13 : 9781849689243
Author(s) : Patrick Li
Topics and Technologies : Enterprise Products and Platforms, Video