LibreCAD - cross-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac) System for Computer Aided Design in 2D mode, which is available in more than 20 languages, including Russian. It is written using the library Qt4. The project was formerly known as CADuntu. It can serve as a kind of alternative to the commercial AutoCAD.
Changes from QCad:
- Port to interface with Qt3 Qt4,
- The architecture for the creation of modules that extend the functionality;
- Auto-save documents;
- Improved reading of DXF.
The active development of the second version of the program, which has already implemented isometric grid, the new binding and new drawing functions. The code to read and write DXF in a separate project libdxfrw.
- LibreCAD is a feature-packed and mature 2D-CAD application with some really great advantages:
- Its free - no worry about license costs or annual fees.
- No language barriers - its available in a large number of languages, with more being added continually.
- GPLv2 public license - you can use it, customize it, hack it and copy it with free user support and developer support from our active worldwide community and ou experienced developer team.
- LibreCAD is an Open Source community-driven project: development is open to new talent and new ideas, and our software is tested and used daily by a large and devoted user community; you, too, can get involved and influence its future development.
Some notable changes visible to users:
reworked snap system to allow simultaneous multiple snapping options; snapping of equidistant middle points;
Helping/scratch layer support. Straight lines are kept infinite and entities are skipped when in printout;
support of new ellipse features missing in version 1.0, such as, intersection, middle point, arc length, and tangential direction;
several new drawing features for line, circle, and ellipses;
improved localization, translation for plugins and standard dialogs;
general factor for dimensioning of scaled drawings;
revert entities direction, developed by effad;
some UI tweaking;
Windows setup registration to add LC in Windows Control Panel Programs and Features.