English | 480 pages | ISBN-10: 0321333020 | EPUB, MOBI, PDF | 17.03 Mb
Design Patterns in Java gives you the hands-on practice and deep insight you need to fully leverage the significant power of design patterns in any Java software project. The perfect complement to the classic Design Patterns, this learn-by-doing workbook applies the latest Java features and best practices to all of the original 23 patterns identified in that groundbreaking text.
Drawing on their extensive experience as Java instructors and programmers, Steve Metsker and Bill Wake illuminate each pattern with real Java programs, clear UML diagrams, and compelling exercises. You'll move quickly from theory to application-learning how to improve new code and refactor existing code for simplicity, manageability, and performance.
- Using Adapter to provide consistent interfaces to clients
- Using Facade to simplify the use of reusable toolkits
- Understanding the role of Bridge in Java database connectivity
- The Observer pattern, Model-View-Controller, and GUI behavior
- Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI) and the Proxy pattern
- Streamlining designs using the Chain of Responsibility pattern
- Using patterns to go beyond Java's built-in constructor features
- Implementing Undo capabilities with Memento
- Using the State pattern to manage state more cleanly and simply
- Optimizing existing codebases with extension patterns
- Providing thread-safe iteration with the Iterator pattern
- Using Visitor to define new operations without changing hierarchy classes
If you're a Java programmer wanting to save time while writing better code, this book's techniques, tips, and clear explanations and examples will help you harness the power of patterns to improve every program you write, design, or maintain.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resumming ability)