Acorn v188.8.131.529 (Mac OS X) | 31 MB
Acorn is a powerful OS X image editor with an intuitive interface and designed with one goal in mind - simplicity. ??Acorn provides its users with the features needed to quickly, smoothly and easily edit their images, while still feeling right and not draining your bank account.??Do not be fooled about Acorn's size because, although small and lightweight, it still packs a powerful and extensive set of features. ??It uses fancy math calculations to make sure that your pencil strokes don't have sharp edges, and it squeezes every little drop of GPU performance to provide you with the best user experience possible.
Version 4.2.3 Build 8279:
* The magic wand is a bit smarter about selecting transparent pixels.
* If an image has no detectiable color profile embeded in it, Acorn will now default to whatever you have set in your preferences for a default color space (by default it's sRGB). Previously it would use the display colorspace on 10.8, and sRGB on 10.9.
* The raw import window now remembers its size between uses.
* Added some better defaults for the tilt shift filter.
* When making a new image from the clipboard, Acorn will now set the DPI based on what's on the clipboard says. For instance, screenshots taken on a retina display and copied to the clipboard will open up with a DPI of 144.
* If you have an image on the clipboard, you can now use the Edit - Paste menu item from the start window to make a new image.
* New option when creating a crop preset to remember the location of the saved crop, or otherwise have it centered in the canvas.
* Fixed a bug that kept you from cropping two documents at once.
* Fixed a bug where resizing the window with the option and command keys down (which will scale your image) wasn't showing the correct preview.
* Fixed a bug where sometimes you couldn't add filters to a newly created layer mask.
* Fixed a problem where you'd sometimes get transparent edges on images when importing a raw image that was scaled down.
* Fixed a bug where bezier lines with no height or width were causing Acorn headaches.
* Fixed a bug where the stepper brush size control in the smudge palette wasn't working.
* Fixed a crash when trying to print an image which has a Japanese file name.
* Fixed a crasher where trying to craftily nest groups inside of themselves would cause Acorn to spin into infinity.
* The grid no longer disappears when you perform a free rotate on the canvas.
* Fixed a redraw problem when moving bitmap layers when zoomed at 75%.
* Fixed a bug where some filters on shape layers wouldn't merge down correctly.
* Fixed a scaling bug where pixels near edges would sometimes get stretched out.
* Fixed a bug where an image and window that was greater than 2048 pixels would cause garbage to show up on the canvas (if you had a NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 GPU).
* Fixed a crasher when dragging a specific type of image from Safari onto Acorn's dock icon.
* Intel, Mac OS X 10.8 or later.
* 64-bit processor.