iPhoto Library Manager v4.1.4 (Mac OS X) | 7 MB
iPhoto Library Manager adds an additional level of control over your iPhoto collection by allowing you to keep your photos in multiple libraries and transfer them back and forth without losing your keywords, ratings, and all the other information you've worked to assign to your photos. Apple's iPhoto is a convenient application to use to organize and edit your digital photos, but it restricts you to having to keep all of your photos in a single, monolithic library. Libraries with iPhoto Library Manager can be split into smaller ones, or smaller libraries can be merged together into one large library. You can keep your photos on an external drive or another computer on your network, share them with other users on your machine, sync them all with your iPod, and use iPhoto Library Manager to keep track of it all.
iPhoto Library Manager offers the following free features:
- create new libraries
- maintain a list of multiple photo libraries and switch easily between them
- see the albums in each of your libraries at a glance
- see the size, version, and modification date of each of your libraries
- extract photos from the folder of a damaged library
- modify the permissions of your libraries, handy for sharing among multiple users
In addition, registered users of iPhoto Library Manager can:
- create shortcut files, allowing you to open your libraries directly from the Finder
- copy photo albums from one library to another, preserving all of the metadata associated with your photos, such as the title, date, rating, comments, and keywords (requires iPhoto 4.0.3 or later)
- merge multiple libraries together into a single library (requires iPhoto 4.0.3 or later)
- Collect photos from multiple libraries into a single folder for syncing with your iPod (limit 100 photos for unregistered users)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to preview a merge.
- Intel, Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.
- 64-bit processor.
- Apple iPhoto 8.1.2 or later.