William G. Doerner, Steven P. Lab, "Victimology, 6 edition"
English | ISBN: 1437734863 | 2012 | 488 pages | PDF | 7 MB
This breakthrough work provides an organizing structure for the history and current state of the field of victimology, and outlines the reasons compelling a separate focus on crime victims. Highly readable, Victimology explores the role of victimology in today's criminal justice system, examining the consequences of victimization and the various remedies now available for victims. In addition to adding the latest developments in victimology, the authors have included a new chapter on property vicitmization, and have enhanced and expanded the the chapter on personal vicitmization. The text is supplemented by learning tools including chapter-by-chapter learning objectives, key terms, illustrative figures and tables, and a listing of related Internet sites.
* The text provides a comprehensive overview of the origins and scope of victimology, with detailed chapters on specific types of victimization
* The authors offer analysis of policy decisions and historical events, with an eye toward future developments in the field
* A key chapter highlights the important global impact of restorative justice on responding to the plight of victims
* The ever-changing dynamics of contemporary work and school victimization are dissected with special attention to causes and societal responses
* The text is supplemented by learning tools including chapter-by-chapter learning objectives, key terms, illustrative figures and tables, and listings of related Internet sites
Buy Premium Account To Support Me & Get Maximum Speed & Save Time!!