Creating a Responsive Web Design 2013 Updated Course-ELOHiM
Released: 2013-12-15 | Author: Chris Converse | Size: 761 MB
Discover how to make your website more readable and efficient across various screen sizes and devices. Join author Chris Converse as he shares his own specialized techniques for creating a responsive site. The course takes the site from start-to-finish, from comping your ideas in Photoshop, to setting up the HTML page and containers, to styling established elements for small, medium, and large screens. In particular, Chris shows how to load images with CSS, reposition the nav bar for better viewing on mobile devices, and how to make the download time faster for small screens by providing multiple versions of your banner graphic and other images. Plus, learn how to replace graphics with high-resolution versions for Retina displays using CSS media queries.
This course was created and produced by Chris Converse. lynda.com is honored to host this training in our library.
• Understanding your software needs
• Planning your layout
• Adding containers, content, and links
• Creating and slicing multiple-sized banner images in Photoshop
• Linking to CSS files with media queries
• Setting the viewport scale
• Styling headings, body text, and footers
• Styling and repositioning navigation links
• Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
c. Play and Learn