English | mp4 | Mpeg4 570x320 | AAC 2 ch 94 kbps | 3 hrs 13 min | 1.6 GB
eLearning | Course No. 9222
Think about the last fantastic meal you had. Chances are, the reason you remember it is because of the spices used in cooking it. Whether oregano, chiles, coriander, cinnamon, thyme, or even tea, spices add incredible dimensions to what would otherwise be plain, ordinary meals. And while cooking with these and other spices from around the world can often be intimidating and confusing, theyâ€™re actually quite easy to adapt to your own everyday cooking.
Everyone who cooksâ€”from the master chef planning an elaborate banquet to the amateur cook looking for a quick dinnerâ€”should have a confident understanding of spices and how each one can be used to create an exciting range of taste sensations. Uncover the secrets of spices and youâ€™ll possess the power to
- transform the food you cook from simple and dull to exciting and memorable;
- know which spices to use to get the flavor you want; and
- experiment confidently with new spices and cuisines from around the world.
In The Everyday Gourmet: Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking, join Chef Bill Briwa of The Culinary Institute of America as he reveals the essentials of incorporating a variety of spices from around the worldâ€”and perhaps even your own backyardâ€”into your everyday meals. An aromatic array of spices fills each of these six engaging lessons, providing you with myriad ways to use spices in soups and salads, with meat and fish, and even in drinks and desserts. Filmed on location in the kitchens of the CIAâ€™s Greystone campus in Napa Valley, these lessons are rich with insights that are sure to take your cooking to the next delicious level.
Savor the Secrets of the Worldâ€™s Great Spices
According to Chef Briwa, each culture in the world has embraced spices in a unique, distinct, and defining way. This makes Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking an excellent way to savor the spices and cuisines of exotic localesâ€”and even recreate them right in your home. After these six lessons, youâ€™ll have a well-rounded mastery of how to cook with a wide range of international spices.
- Indian spices: India alone produces 50 percent of the spices we consume annually. Among those youâ€™ll get firsthand experience with are toasted mustard seeds, black peppercorns, cardamom, and tamarind, as well as special spice mixtures called masalas.
- Latin American spices: Latin America is a treasure trove of exciting spices, many of them used to add a special (but not overwhelming) heat to various dishes. Gain confidence in cooking with a range of chilesâ€”from jalapenos to poblanos and guajillos to anchosâ€”as well as with regional spices such as Mexican oregano and canela (â€œtrue cinnamonâ€).
- Mediterranean spices: Chef Briwa takes you on a fascinating tour of spices and spice mixtures from the birthplace of Western civilization. A chile pepper paste from Tunisia (harissa), a Turkish spice mixture that goes great with grilled meats (baharat), and powdered sumac (used in the eastern Mediterranean to make food sour in the absence of vinegar) are just three of the many tastes youâ€™ll encounter.
Spice Up Your Culinary Repertoire
Of course, you get more than just a basic primer on global spices in these sessions. You actually get to watch an expert chef put them to use in a fascinating series of dishes that highlight a particular spiceâ€™s characteristics, whether the captivating aroma of toasted cumin or the palate-warming heat of a roasted chile. From mise en place (the preparation of your ingredients) to the final presentation, Chef Briwa shows you how to make
- tea-smoked quail,
- rosemary lamb kebabs,
- authentic Mexican mole,
- chile tamarind shrimp,
- hot mulled wine,
- and much more.
Every minute of this course places you in the hands of a chef whose decades of cooking education have given him both authority in the kitchen and that unique ability to teach and inspire others to cook. Chef Briwa has crafted a lecture series thatâ€™s essential for anyone looking to spice up everyday meals. And the included guidebookâ€”with full-color photos, techniques for cooking with spices, and easy-to-read recipesâ€”makes a handy resource for the home chef.
Taken together, Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking is a cornerstone of the well-rounded chefâ€™s toolkit and the secret to richer, more rewarding culinary experiences.
1 Indiaâ€”Heart of the Spice World
2 Chinaâ€”From Peppercorns to Tea
3 Mexicoâ€”Chiles for Every Palate
4 Mediterranean Spicesâ€”Exotic Blends
5 Treasured Spices in Northern Europe
6 New American Cuisineâ€”The Global Kitchen
Buy Premium to Support Me & Get Resumable & High Speed Download
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165aziy/TTC Video-The Everyday Gourmet Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking.part01.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165aziw/TTC Video-The Everyday Gourmet Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking.part02.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165azip/TTC Video-The Everyday Gourmet Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking.part03.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165azio/TTC Video-The Everyday Gourmet Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking.part04.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165azir/TTC Video-The Everyday Gourmet Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking.part05.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165azhq/TTC Video-The Everyday Gourmet Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking.part06.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165azhr/TTC Video-The Everyday Gourmet Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking.part07.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165azhm/TTC Video-The Everyday Gourmet Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking.part08.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165azhp/TTC Video-The Everyday Gourmet Essential Secrets of Spices in Cooking.part09.rar