What a Life! Stories of Amazing People (High Beginning Student Book)
by Milada Broukal
English | Pearson Longman | September 2001 | ISBN-10: 0201619970 | scanned PDF | 124 pages | 19.1 MB
Did you know that:
- Jean Paul Getty put pay phones in his guests' bedrooms to save money on phone bills?
- Leonardo da Vinci wrote backwards in his notebooks so that nobody could read them?
- Pele´s first soccer ball was a grapefruit?
- Pablo Picasso never threw anything away, not even empty cereal boxes?
- Agatha Christie wrote a book that actually saved someone's life?
These and other fascinating facts make up the biographies in What A Life!
This three-book series takes a fresh approach to making reading both pleasurable and motivating! High-interest biographies focus on less-known facts about famous figures, rather than the chronology of events typical of most biographies.
Each book in the What A Life! Series takes a multicultural approach, featuring 24 short biographies on inspirational figures from all over the world.
Subjects range from historical and political figures to athletes, artists, entertainers, and humanitarians, including: Marie Curie, I.M. Pei , Eva Perón , Agatha Christie , Muhammad Ali , Bruce Lee , Leonardo da Vinci, William Shakespeare, Cesar Chavez, Pablo Picasso, Maria Montessori, Mother Teresa
In addition to the biographical reading, each short, easy-tofollow unit includes:
- Pre-reading questions and activities.
- Vocabulary exercises -- definition and usage.
- Main-idea and reading-skills exercises.
- Questions on detail and inference.
- Discussion, comprehension, and writing activities.
- Answers to exercises at the end of each book.
(All below links are interchangable. No password)
Buy a Premium Account Uploaded or Rapidgator or Secureupload = High speed + Parallel Downloads!
From Secureupload (Premium Recommend)