Digital Tutors - Quick Start to Modeling in Maya Volume 5
English | Size: 1,37 GB
In the final volume of the Quick Start to Modeling in Maya, we'll build on the concepts covered in all of the previous volumes. We've built small hard-surface props and set pieces, but in this volume we'll build an entire character.
We'll use what we've learned to this point to block in the different parts of the character and make sure they all fit together well. We'll discuss character specific topics like animation-ready topology. We'll use reference images in our scenes and talk about building organic shapes, in addition to the hard surface pieces. We will learn to model efficiently by only creating necessary detail and then mirroring it over.
This project will be a longer process than previous volumes, but the tools and workflow you'll use will enable you to begin creating your own characters immediately. These courses are designed to be taken in sequence so we really encourage you to start with the first four volumes before continuing with this section.
We also encourage you to take advantage of the assignments that follow each volume. These assignments will allow you to take what you've learned and apply those tools and techniques to your own projects.
01. Introduction and project overview 01.21
02. Setting up reference images 06.51
03. Modeling the torso 11.33
04. Detailing the torso 09.30
05. Adding the abdomen 09.05
06. Modeling the legs 06.29
07. Detailing the legs 05.57
08. adding the pelvis 07.13
09. Building the belt buckle 04.01
10. Modeling the short toga 08.15
11. Building the upper arm 08.10
12. Modeling the gaunlet 09.34
13. Finishing the gaunlet 05.12
14. Modeling the hand 12.24
15. Building the feet 08.38
16. Modeling the shoulder armor 08.54
17. Blocking in the head geometry 08.32
18. Modeling the mouth 09.41
19. Adding rough eye sockets 06.08
20. Refining the eyes and sockets 09.57
21. Modeling the ears 10.08
22. Adding the nose and horn 07.05
23. Scene cleanup and assignment 08.56