Resource Allocation in Uplink OFDMA Wireless Systems: Optimal Solutions and Practical Implementations
by Elias Yaacoub, Zaher Dawy
English | 2012 | ISBN: 1118074505 0471483486 | 448 pages | PDF | 2.21 MB
Tackling problems from the least complicated to the most, Resource Allocation in Uplink OFDMA Wireless Systems provides readers with a comprehensive look at resource allocation and scheduling techniques (for both single and multi-cell deployments) in uplink OFDMA wireless networks—relying on convex optimization and game theory to thoroughly analyze performance.
Inside, readers will find topics and discussions on:
- Formulating and solving the uplink ergodic sum-rate maximization problem
- Proposing suboptimal algorithms that achieve a close performance to the optimal case at a considerably reduced complexity and lead to fairness when the appropriate utility is used
- Investigating the performance and extensions of the proposed suboptimal algorithms in a distributed base station scenario
- Studying distributed resource allocation where users take part in the scheduling process, and considering scenarios with and without user collaboration
- Formulating the sum-rate maximization problem in a multi-cell scenario, and proposing efficient centralized and distributed algorithms for intercell interference mitigation
- Discussing the applicability of the proposed techniques to state-of-the-art wireless technologies, LTE and WiMAX, and proposing relevant extensions
Buy Premium Account To Support Me & Get Maximum Speed & Save Time!!