Eddie Russell - Designing Zombie Minions in Photoshop | 1.1GB
Duration: 3h 2m | Video: AVC 1280x720 (16:9) 15fps 900kbps | Audio: AAC 44.1kHz stereo 128kbps
Genre: eLearning | Level: Intermediate | Language: English
When designing enemies for a game, often times many of the exact same type of creature is needed but they each need to look and feel like they are unique.
These minion-style bad guys can be tedious to create and take up a lot of time in the design process unless you can implement a system that uses some kind of template to assist with the concepts. In this tutorial we will walk through creating a template for a specific type of zombie for our fictional game. We will start off by examining the needs of the project and setting some parameters to work within.
From here we will dive in and begin to create a bare bones template for an average build male zombie in one of the classes specified by our game document. After sketching him out and adding some quick color, we will quickly dive into how we can create different iterations of the same zombie that each look totally different.
After going through this training, you will not only have learned how to draw and paint zombies but also a process that can be adapted for literally any minion style enemy where each requires a level of uniqueness.
01. Introduction and project overview 01:21
02. Setting design parameters 10:33
03. Starting the rough sketch 11:17
04. Continuing the rough sketch 11:11
05. Finishing the rough sketch 10:17
06. Starting the ink work 11:26
07. Wrapping up the ink work 13:14
08. Starting with flat color 09:45
09. Beginning to build up color 12:53
10. Continuing to add color to the base zombie 10:29
11. Wrapping up the base zombie color 09:59
12. Adding clothing paints to our first zombie minion 15:26
13. Adding a shirt to our first zombie minion 11:36
14. Adding hair to our first zombie minion 12:53
15. Adding shoes and a dirt pass to our first zombie minion 11:47
16. Adding areas of infection and decomposition 08:32
17. Presentation of concepts and closing thoughts 10:02
Buy Premium Account and download as fast as you can or you will lose file you need ( File death because of Copyright Infringement )
Download ( Lumfile )
Download ( Extabit )
Download ( DizzCloud )
Download ( Uploaded )
Click my nick to see more my articles