English | 450 pages | ISBN-10: 1901149048 | 32MB
Integration of Chinese medicine in a cancer treatment strategy offers major advantages in dealing with commonly seen complications of the disease and in combating the side-effects of treatment by conventional medicine methods such as surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy. This new reference is the first comprehensive book in English on the Chinese medicine approach to cancer management, written by a highly respected TCM oncology specialist. Drawing on the author's wide experience in one of Beijing's leading hospitals,
Management of Cancer with Chinese Medicine provides a unique insight into the Chinese approach to treating cancer, emphasizing the roles played by acupuncture, herbal medicine, Qigong therapy and diet therapy in strengthening the body and acting synergistically with conventional medicine to radically improve the quality of life of cancer patients.
- Presents the author's wide-ranging experience in the integration of Chinese and conventional medicine to achieve the most effective cancer treatment strategy.
- Designed for TCM practitioners to consult in their daily practice working either in an alternative or conventional medicine environment.
- Provides a comprehensive discussion of the role of Chinese medicine in post-operative management and in reducing the main side-effects of radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Explains the application of Chinese medicine in the management of the main complications of cancer such as pain, fever and bleeding.
- Gives the etiology, pathology, and full pattern identification for each condition, with herbal medicine and acupuncture treatment indicated for each pattern.
- Features carefully selected clinical experiences and case studies of 16 other eminent Chinese doctors to place Professor Li's approach in perspective and broaden the information available to practitioners.
- Includes chapters on diet therapy and Qigong, both of which can be practiced by patients at home.