A Companion to Tacitus
by Victoria Emma Pagan
English | 2012 | ISBN: 1405190329 | 620 pages | PDF | 2.09 MB
A Companion to Tacitus brings much needed clarity and accessibility to the notoriously difficult language and yet indispensable historical accounts of Tacitus. The companion provides both a broad introduction and showcases new theoretical approaches that enrich our understanding of this complex author.
- Tacitus is one of the most important Roman historians of his time, as well as a great literary stylist, whose work is characterized by his philosophy of human nature
- Encourages interdisciplinary discussion intended to engage scholars beyond Classics including philosophy, cultural studies, political science, and literature
- Showcases new theoretical approaches that enrich our understanding of this complex author
- Clarifies and explains the notoriously difficult language of Tacitus
- Written and designed to prepare a new generation of scholars to examine for themselves the richness of Tacitean thought
- Includes contributions from a broad range of established international scholars and rising stars in the field
Buy a Premium Account Uploaded.net or Rapidgator.net = High speed+parallel downloads!