KISSsoft AG develops design software for engineers and designers in a wide variety of fields: whether they manufacture cable car systems, gears for construction equipment, Formula 1 race car transmissions or the tiny gears used in Mars rovers, more and more companies all over the world have come to rely on KISSsoft design software.
KISSsoft is a software package to perform sizing calculations for machine elements. The gears are the central element in the transmission. In addition, shafts, bearings, connecting elements, springs, as well as chains/belts can also be calculated. KISSsoft is rounded out by supplementary modules performing such tasks as tolerance calculations and conversions between different hardness systems.
A complete system of machine elements can be depicted in KISSsys. KISSsys calculates the power flow and manages links between the various values. For the strength calculation of individual machine elements KISSsys uses calculation modules from KISSsoft; for detailed definition of machine elements the system also relies on dialogs from KISSsoft. Calculation results are available in tabular and graphic form in KISSsys, which provides you with an overview of strength and service life of all elements in your design, at any time.
Thanks to these system-inclusive calculations, internationally KISSsys is at the forefront of technical development in machine design. System models can be custom-tailored to internal company requirements; this is why KISSsys is already being used successfully by a wide variety of companies, for example by manufacturers of wind turbines, automobiles, by gear motor manufacturers, in precision engineering, and in shipbuilding..
In KISSsoft Release 03/2013 a wide range of new features were implemented, including the following highlights:
- Optimized contact analysis of cylindrical gear pairs and planetary systems with clearly arranged
results in 3D
- Design of plastic gears according to the draft of the new VDI guideline 2736
- Automatic, easily customized, generation of manufacturing drawings – with gearing data, various graphics as flank corrections etc.
- Fine sizing of worm wheels and crossed helical gears for variable macro geometries
- Updated DIN 743 and FKM Standards in the shaft calculation
- KISSsys gearbox assistant for planetary models
- And many more...