In this series of lessons we'll focus on creating hand-rendered logo type in Illustrator. We'll begin by learning about the steps in the design process that lead up to building our logo. These steps include getting to know our client and their project in the client briefing or interview. Gathering inspiration and saving it for later reference in the research phase. Then outputting ideas in the form of quick thumbnails and sketches during the experimentation phase. From there we'll dive right into the execution phase where we'll spend most of our time building a vector version of our logo. Finally, we'll explore a couple of ways that we can add that extra bit of visual appeal to our logo before presenting it to our client.
1.Introduction and project overview
2. The client briefing and creative brief
3. The research and experimentation phases
4. Setting up our document
5. Beginning to build the first 'M' in 'Mayhem'
6. Beginning to add flourishes to the letter 'M'
7. Continuing to add flourishes to the letter 'M'
8. Finishing our 'M' and beginning the letter 'A'
9. Finishing the letter 'A' in 'Mayhem'
10. Beginning to build the letter 'Y' in 'Mayhem'
11. Finishing our 'Y' and beginning the letter 'H'
12. Continuing to build the letter 'H' in 'Mayhem'
13. Finishing our 'H' and beginning the letter 'E'
14. Finishing our 'E' and beginning the second 'M'
15. Finishing 'Mayhem' and starting 'Scooters'
16. Continuing to build the letter 'S' in 'Scooters'
17. Finishing the first 'S' in 'Scooters'
18. Beginning to handle overlapping letterforms
19. Finishing with overlapping letterforms
20. Building the letter 'C' in 'Scooters'
21. Building each 'O' in 'Scooters'
22. Building the letter 'T' in 'Scooters'
23. Building the letter 'R' in 'Scooters'
24. Spacing and the baseline tweaks for 'Scooters'
25. Beginning to fine tune the word 'Mayhem'
26. Finishing adjustments to the word 'Mayhem'
27. Adding a flourish underneath 'Scooters'
28. Finishing the flourish underneath 'Scooters'
29. Proofing our letterforms
30. Adding finishing touches
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165weh9/Creating Ornate Logo Type in Illustrator.part1.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165weg7/Creating Ornate Logo Type in Illustrator.part2.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165weh6/Creating Ornate Logo Type in Illustrator.part3.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165wehl/Creating Ornate Logo Type in Illustrator.part4.rar
http://dizzcloud.com/dl/165wehq/Creating Ornate Logo Type in Illustrator.part5.rar